Interactions of herbivorous insects in trophic webs:
- Diversity and host specificity of insect herbivores.
- Role of microbial symbionts in host specificity of insect herbivores.
- Tritrophic interactions predator–herbivore–plant.
- Trophic strategies and diversity of associated parasitoids.
- Specifics of bryophagous insect trophic strategies.
- Aphid biodiversity and plant life history traits.
- Insect food webs along vertical gradient of temperate forests.
Evolution of mycophagous insects with respect on evolution of herbivory:
- Host specificity of selected model taxa of gall midges (Cecidomyiidae).
- Coevolution of fungi and ambrosia gall midges (Cecidomyiidae).
Recent topics dealing with applied research:
- Biodegradation potential of fungal symbionts of herbivorous insects and their host plants.
- Cultivation, sequencing and molecular identification of fungal pathogens in plant tissues.
- Identification of insect pests on woody plants.
- Assessment of environmental changes and risks using model insect taxa.
- Biostatistics, quantitative analysis of ecological data and ecological modelling.